The kids are getting excited! Halloween is only a few days away. As you and your family bring out the Halloween decorations and prepare for parties and trick-or-treaters make sure to take time to evaluate the liability exposures are your property.
To make sure Halloween is safe and happy for everyone in your family follow these simple tips:
* Make sure sidewalks, driveways and stairs are well lit for visibility and clear anything that may create a trip-and-fall hazard.
* Even the friendliest of pets can become upset or over excited with an influx of Halloween visitors. Avoid and potential hazard by keeping your family pet away from the Halloween guests.
* Use extreme caution if you decide to place a burning candle inside or around your home for added Halloween ambiance. Candles can be a fire hazard if not appropriately monitored. Consider using battery operated candles inside your jack-o-lanterns.
* Parents will want to supervise their children as they go door to door trick-or-treating but remember to secure your home before leaving to avoid any potential thefts.
* Check you Homeowners Insurance – take a moment to speak with Kerrigan O’Malley & Bailey Insurance Agency to be sure you will be fully protected for whatever your Halloweens plans involve.